Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Schedule Full of Seminars

This will be my fifth Club Industry show. I can’t believe that I’ve attended that many shows. I look forward to going to the show more now than in the past. I guess that’s because my first few shows were like walking into rooms full of strangers. Now, going to the show means seeing friends and acquaintances that I talk to on the phone often, but only get to see in person at industry events.

As the show nears, the editors are creating our schedules for the show. I have visits scheduled with exhibitors, but I’ll blog about those in another sitting since more visits are being planned.

I have chosen some seminars to sit in on and blog about while at the show. I will attend the Thursday morning session “Improving Your Club: Moving in the Right Direction,” presented by Rick Caro, president of Management Vision. I’ve attended his sessions before, and they are always insightful.

After Rick’s presentation, I will sit in on “What It Takes to Be an Effective Fitness Manager,” presented by Bob Esquerre of Esquerre Fitness Group. Bob is a well-known expert in the personal training field and has written for our publication in the past.

On Friday morning, I plan to sit in on Michelle Guerra’s presentation, “Increasing Revenues by Breaking into Corporate Health Promotions.” Michelle is president of Health-Ever-After.
Later that morning, I will attend the panel discussion, “Identifying the Issues: The Biggest Challenges Facing the Club Industry Today and Tomorrow.” Rick Caro will moderate the session so I’m confident it will be worth my time and plenty of space on this blog.

I haven't yet decided which seminars I'll attend on Saturday. I'm leaving that open at this time since I could be spending a lot of time in our booth in the registration area on Saturday. If you are at the show, feel free to stop by and say hi, offer your comments about the industry or pass along some news about your fitness facility. I also plan to be at the booth on Thursday from 12:30 pm-1:30 pm and 3 pm-4 pm. On Friday, I'm scheduled to be there from 2:30 pm-3:30 pm and then again from 4:30 pm-5:30 pm.--Pamela Kufahl, editor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home