Friday, October 06, 2006

Early Morning Sweat Session


All of my non-fitness business friends are jealous of this industry. Every time I travel to a trade show and tell them about my schedule, they all exclaim, “You get to workout on the trade show floor?!” Yes, I do. And I absolutely love it.

Today I rolled out of bed, put on my sneakers and caught the bus to the McCormick Convention Center for a bona-fide sweat session. Dying to try Life Fitness’ Summit Trainer, I hopped on for 15 minutes of cardio fun. The new product isn’t easy; it delivers a tough and efficient workout. Best described as a cross between an elliptical and a stair stepper, it was definitely challenging. Next, I hopped on one of Life Fitness’ treadmills for a guided power walk which varied it’s intensity based on my heart rate.

Next I hit the Star Trac booth and jumped on one of their ellipticals, which allow you to choose either a push or pull motion for your arms. From there, I decided it was time to pump some iron, so I headed over to Matrix and tried a few pieces in their strength circuit. The line’s user-friendly features impressed me.

Although I stuck to the booths, this year the show features “Club Studio,” a space for group exercise classes. Amy attended a Zumba class there this morning, and she’ll be on soon to tell you all about it. I walked by; it sure looked fun! –Jennipher Shaver

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home